Captain Ken’s food manufacturing facility has multiple packaging capabilities that offer operators and consumers various product pack type and size:
Foodservice (Restaurant, Deli, School, Military, Convenience Stores & more)
- Pack Type. Most Captain Ken’s foodservice products are packed in a pouch (boil-n-bag) using vertical form filler equipment. Pouches provide operators convenient heating alternatives, including boil-n-water and steamer.
- Pack Size. The most common pouch size is 5 lb., but can vary from 10-oz. to 10-lbs.
Other Pack Types. Other Captain Ken’s products not suited for packing in a pouch are instead packed in either 1/3 (deep) or ½ (shallow) steam size table pans with foil lids, or 5-lb. plastic tub.
- Units per case. Units per case vary depending on pack type and size.
- Pack Type. Captain Ken’s retail packaging line offers multiple packaging capabilities as well. Most retail products are packed in a paperboard dual ovenable tray (can be heated in an oven or microwave). The tray is covered with a heat sealed film. It is then inserted in a retail folding carton with 6-color graphics to be merchandized on grocery store shelves.
- Pack Size. Most common size is 12-oz., 14-oz., and 32-oz.
- Other Pack Types. Another retail pack is our popular 2-lb. aluminum pan with foil lid (again, packed in a carton). The pan is great to place on the grill at home or at picnics. Captain Ken’s also offers plastic container with attractive in-mold-labeling (IML) for selected products. IML is new print technology that offers vibrant colors and crisp text to capture the shoppers’ eye as they browse grocery store shelves.
- Units per Case. Generally, eight or twelve units per case.
- Cartons. For various retail packs, including carton graphics, click here.
Captain Ken’s Foods’ foodservice and retail products are flash frozen to lock in freshness and nutritional excellence. Our products are “complete”, meaning no added ingredients or preparation is required. Just heat and serve. They offer convenience, quality, and value. And best of all Captain Ken’s products taste just like homemade.
Product Packaging, Size & Type
We want to serve our visitors the most current information. Please download this PDF that displays all packages featured at the grocery store, and product information for foodservice industries.
How can we Help You?
Contact us to see how Captain Ken’s experience in food processing and developing new products can help your menu planning. Our goal is to help you attract new customers and build your book of repeat business.
For more product information, please call Captain Ken’s Foods (651-298-0071).